Thursday, January 2, 2014

1/2/14 - squat (7x7)

Contracted a nasty cold on Christmas eve and have been working through it since. Finally started to feel a little better on Tuesday so I waited until today to pick up where I left off: 7x7 squats. On the ballot was 7x7 squat, BN power jerks and box jumps. Nothing too killer for the first workout back, still recovering from the cold......I quickly found out my body had other plans.
 
Training @ 1230p
Squat to 370x7x5 (75%)
 
Called it at 5 sets. Including warm-ups this took me about 60 minutes. Was on the home stretch with only 2 sets left and I was shutting down. Legs were wobbly and numb, was getting nauseous and lightheaded. The weight itself, rep by rep wasn't too bad but on that last set every rep made me feel worse an worse.
 
Screaming vagina? Meh, whatevs. I'll chalk it up to coming off of a bad cold, poor nutrition from the last week and first sesh back. 6x6 next week. Now I need to figure out how to stay focused on my work the rest of the day while my head is buzzing.

No comments:

Post a Comment