Monday, February 3, 2014

1/31/13 - stone

Training @ 1130a

15.5# stone
*stand non reverse x3-4, best 45
*stand w/ reverse x3-4, best 48, avg 47

Talked to Kahanic for a while the other night and he gave me a pointer on driving my chest up. Everyone has always told me "slap the giant, elbow the midget". I started trying to "elbow the giant" then pull like hell. This got my chest way higher and release point was great. Wasn't drifing forward past my block. Felt good to get behind a stone for once in the last 2 months.

*south african drill x5-6, best 53
*full spin x3, best 54'8

Training pro on the full spin. These felt surprisingly well. Tried to get more linear on the drive/sprint phase by driving my chest and shoulders straight forward and keeping square to the trig for as long as possible. As soon as my right landed I tried to start turning it while whipping my left around and down. After a handful of drills I decided to give the fulls a shot and they felt surprisingly good. Maybe a breakthrough after a couple months of stone being in the slump, despite a lot of drilling and hard work. More work to be done, 3 more training weeks till the arnold. I need to get this 55+ for the Arnold if I want to stand a chance at the overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment