Monday, March 18, 2013

3/16/13 - stone/wfd/hammer

Training @ 11am

21.5# braemar x6, best 39, avg 38
15.5# ostone x6-8, best 52, avg 48
56# wfd x6-8, best 43, avg 41
28# wfd x6-8, best 83, avg 81
16# hammer x6-8, best 132, avg 131

Threw with Adam over on the west side today. Good session. Working on pushing my right hip through on the stone before a big block. It's getting there, can definitely see how this will pay off. The weights sucked. Was pretty disappointed here. Just wasn't catching and really driving any of them. Thumb started killing me. Putting too much pressure on my thumbnail, need to even it out some. I need to start hooking more often so that I can remember exactly how to place my hand so it doesn't hurt after 3 throws. Ugh. Hammer felt solid, though the last 2-3 that were 130+ I was either too early or too late on the finish. Need to get this down.

Overall a good practice. Knee held up wonderfully and no pain at all which was very pleasant. Couple of easy training days then relax and get ready for Phx.

No comments:

Post a Comment