Thursday, March 28, 2013

3/27/13 - wfd

am weight = 279

early morning active recovery work::

15mins on spin bike
stretch/foam roll/shoulder mobility work

Training @ 1215p

49# wfd
*1 turn x10, avg 44
*full x10-12, avg 45, best 50

Was just going through the motions for half of this session. Kind of bums me out looking back. Finally turned my brain on about 3-4 throws in on the full throws and started working on things. Worked on catching the weight early after the 2nd turn. Also worked on replacing feet/tighter first turn. This was an issue for me at the games and ended up messing up my finish. Can't let that happen, missed out on some big throws because of it. The other thing I need to work on is to really reach for the weight. I've got to drive to down but also reach for it. That's the mental cue. That cue tells me to sink my hips more and get a longer pull/push for the finish. This is how I was averaging 45ft a couple months ago and this is something I've lost. I'm not really reaching down and getting low. Now that I've got a plan for my weights session next week I know what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment