Thursday, March 7, 2013

3/7/13 - de pulls & hammer

Training @ 530a

Deadlifts (EMOM) 315x5 singles, 365x5 singles - 3 minute break - 405x10 singles
More deads 495x1x2, 545x1, 595x1, 615x1 all beltless

Pullups 5x6

Alright, finally a good day for pulls. 615 didn't empty the tank either. Engaging my lats and leaning back more definately made a difference. I wasn't going to pull heavy but the 405 singles felt great and  I wanted to test it. 615 was slow but it's progress from recently so I'll take it. I think I could've belted up and gone 635+ if I wanted to. Skipped rows and step ups, curls, shrugs, blah blah. Focus today was fixing my deadlift form and mission accomplished.

Spandex ftmfw



Training#2 @ 1230p

20# hammer x5, best 114
16# hammer x10, best 131+ lots of 128-129

Meh. Reeeaalllyyy worn down right now. Went to bed late, got up early and trained. Not only did I train this morning but I deadlifted the effing house. Into work and about 11ish I started fading. Just got back and I'm crushed. Ready for bed. Was going to try to do some caber tonight but that ain't gonna happen.

Now, onto the workout itself. Hammers felt good. Getting long and staying loose. Getting accustomed to faster speeds. I NEED to focus on making the hammer faster though. It feels like it's moving at 1000mph and when I watch the video it barely looks speedy at all, ugh. Also, my knee/mcl issue thinks it can dictate my training for me. Well fuck you knee, I'll do what I want...........................in pain. Going to start eating ibuprofin like candy and rehabbing the fuck out of this thing 2-3x/day. Also ice. Ugh. Joint feels stable as I mentioned before. Now, when I push my knee in and bend down with any kind of weight on that leg, the inside (medial side) of the knee gets a nice shooting pain. FML.

No comments:

Post a Comment