Monday, March 18, 2013

3/18/13 - wfd/stones

Training @ 11a

56# wfd
*one turn x 6, best 39, avg 38
*full x8-10, best high 43, avg 43

28# wfd x8-10, best 83.5, avg 81

Wanted to do some stone too but got stuck on wfd. Trying to drive my right knee/hip as I catch the weight for the finish. Not sure why, but just can't get that feeling with the 56 that I am with my big 28s. The big stretch, very heavy hand and huge slingshot out. I'm suspecting I'm taking too long to get comfortable enough to apply force to the 56 at the finish and I'm missing the early catch. Need more work on this. Need to sprint, catch, push right knee and hip to accellerate, then huge final push. I was averaging 44-45 3 months ago on this. Kind of annoying. It seems like I just have SO MUCH to work on that I'll never get them all where I want them to be. Ugh.

Stones tomorrow, probably will skip hammers before saturday but that's ok since I had a good hammer sesh last weekend. Probably some sheaf tomorrow as well and some wob either tonight or tomorrow night. Speed work in the morning at the gym. Done-zo after tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment