Friday, March 1, 2013

2/28/13 - snatch/assistance & stones

Training#1 @ 515a

Power snatch singles up to 185x6sets
Step ups 185x8x3
strict BB rows 275x8x2
a few pullups

*yawn* Not a big day here. Was focusing on tech on the snatches and time got away from me. Feeling run down. Two more training weeks and deload for Phx games. For the snatch I was told that I've got too much knee extension/quad activation from the floor to my knees. I need to have my shoulders farther out in front of the bar when it's at knee level. From there I keep my lats flexed and pull it into my hips for the bump. So, I need to allow my hips to come up a little faster and push my knees back instead of pushing them out. Snatch is a very fun lift for me so I'll be excited when it starts coming together.



Training#2 @ 1230p

17# ostone x10-12

Unknown distance. Did probably 100+ spins with no stone, just working on timing and footwork. I've always felt like I was "reaching" with my right leg and I think I've gotten that fixed. I didn't know the entry was that huge of a part of the throw but after today I can see how it is. Out of the back I pivoted my left foot and shifted weight over. I tried to keep my right leg nice and long and relaxed and allowed my bodyweight to shift forward JUST a tad (as if I was shifting it back onto my heel with the glide). From there I kicked my right leg around for the rotation and pushed off of my left for the linear drive. Worked on getting my right down fast and it started coming together. Left leg would pull right leg into position and all I had to do was hold my upper body back. Didn't take many actual throws here but they were quality throws. Happy with this stone session and wish I had a tape as I know some of them were pretty darn good tosses. Throwing stones 3x next week so I'll work some more on these then. Need to get some Braemar work in as well. Blegh..



No comments:

Post a Comment