Wednesday, March 6, 2013

3/6/13 - stone

am weight = 278lbs

Training @ 1215p

17# stone
*standing x8ish, best 41, ugh
*full spin x8-10, best 47

I'm going to get raped in phx on braemar stone unless I figure something out fast. I just CANNOT get my hips forward. The only thing I can think of is possibly slamming my left foot down and back to shoot my hips forward/around while holding my upper. I'm going to give this a shot on Saturday as a last resort. Outside of that, I've got no idea how to get this moving in a better direction.

Ostone felt ok. That mcl issue is being a dickhead. My joint feels nice and stable, but now I'm getting sharp pains every now and then so it's sitting in the back of the head. It's not when I'm pushing, moreso when I'm walking and my leg straightens out just before I put my foot on the ground. Ugh. If it continues I'm going to have to get it looked at. Anyways, ostone went ok. Focus on slow out of the back, deliberate right foot, fast left and hold the upper. Everything was going well except holding my upper. Still getting excited and popping too soon. This is just going to come with reps. Regardless, 47ft with the 17# isn't bad. If I can get this 17stone to 51-53, I should be sitting pretty with the 16 stone. More reps.

Tomorrow is lower speed day. I've already done speed squats on monday so I'm just going to do speed pulls and everything else on the list I posted yesterday. With that said, I'm going to do 20 singles with the deads. I'm going to single 315 for 10, then 405 for 10 and use an EMOM (every minute on the minute) strategy so I get a little conditioning in at the same time. Biggest purpose of the 20 sets is to dial back in my technique. It's light enough so it shouldn't tax me too bad. I'm anxious to start the new program on monday, but this knee needs to shape the fuck up before I cut it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment