Wednesday, October 2, 2013

10/1/13 - offseason w1d2 ohp & stones

Training#1 @ 415a

Push press 235x12x3 (65%)
Strict ohp 135x10x3
Band face pulls 3x20
Band pull aparts 3x20
Band push downs 3x20

Shoulder felt better than expected. Was gassed from the 235 but it wasn't awful. Took it easy on the strict presses to avoid too much pressure on the shoulder. Looking forward to getting this week of 12s over.


Training#2 @ 1245p

15.5# stone
*standing non-reverse x8-10
*standing w/reverse x3, best at 47
*spin x6, best at 53'8, avg 51

Really working on pushing with my right hip. Before I was just pushing my knee in and building up rotational torque. Now I'm working on pushing my right knee in and actually driving my hip into the sector. Feeling beat up from last couple days of weights so standing tosses just weren't going anywhere. Spin felt good. Keeping weight on my left out of the back and focusing on a fast left leg in the transition. Trying to remember to look at 9:00 as my left is coming down so I can separate more but still opening up too early and not separating enough. Need to remember to look at 9:00 and open my left side but keep my right shoulder back. Also a big change was to feel that right leg push here vs just rotating around and exploding off of it. Trying to be more deliberate about pushing my right knee in and applying linear force to transfer to the stone. Still jumping off my left on the finish. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment