Tuesday, October 8, 2013

10/6/13 - stone/caber/wob

Training# 615a

23.5# stone
*no reverse x3
*reverse x5-6

15.5# stone full spin x10-12

Unk distances of these as didn't bring a tape measure. Ostone felt great today. Finally getting to the point where the throw is slowing down in my head so I can actually think about different things. Able to start applying the entry and sprint out of the back as a rolling start to the power position. Landing a bit winder and staying back better. Still jumping off the left but at least there's progress.


20' x 100# caber x10

4 misses then 6 turns in a row. Changed my carry so it was a bit lower than usual, down closer to my waist. This gave me better control as well as a much longer pull. Trying to drop lower before the pull but still not as low as I'd like. Talking with Langford, going to try looking at the ground as I run. This should get my hips farther away from the stick so that when I'm ready to drop and pull, I've got a longer pull and a bigger pop. Caber starting to come around and making progress.

56# wob

5/9 @ 16ft. Took a few tosses to get my groove on. Trying to get after it too early and leaving them out front. Need to remember to relax, let it climb behind me, then drop and pull the handle off the weight. Whenever I try to actively push the weight behind me, I end up gunning it too fast. Just relax, let the weight pull back, drop with it and pull. Going to play with my cast on this as well to judge timing. Polishing details.


caber vid:

No comments:

Post a Comment