Friday, June 17, 2011

6/17/11 - throws

am bodyweight=273.4lbs

training
  • 16# stone - 15-18 standing, 4-6 south african
  • 30# WFD -  10-12 double spins
+1.5 mile walk with mrs & kiddo in the evening

Very excited about the weight loss. The last 2 1/2 weeks I've been stuck at 278 and I thought either my metabo adjusted (which didn't seem right in such little time), I needed to add in cardio, or I was retaining water while still dropping fat. I felt leaner the past 2 weeks, but it sure didn't show. I stepped on the scale this morning and kablamo, down 5lbs. Very happy with this. I'm hoping to be about 274-275 by my weigh in next week before I bump cals up to maintenance and see if I can add a lb of LBM while getting stronger and maintaining BW.

Throws went very well, worked a few different things. On the standing opens, I worked getting lower. I allowed my lead leg to bend alot more and as I shifted my weight to double post I felt I got alot more power out of that left leg. I don't know if it went farther. I was throwing uphill and a mini-band was my trig.. I'm guessing I was hitting somewhere around 40-45', not sure. Also focused on keeping that left arm straight as I swing it out and pull it in. Really worked on this for the south african. Did a few drills to get my spinning down then worked on staying nice and low throughout and exploding super high. I have a habit of sending out line drives with the stone so I've really been trying to get some height onto it, things are coming around on this, I'm close to 50', I can just feel it. WFD felt awesome as well, worked on staying back until the weight got to 11 then a nice tight spin and as soon as that right leg landed, I worked on pivoting off that right, driving my knee in and driving my chest to the trig. By doing that it makes the second spin harder to land open, but after a few tries I was getting it without much problem. I think I was hitting somewhere in the low 60s today. Probably stayed around 80% with everything except the standing throws which were somewhere around 95%.


Oh, and I feel this log is kind of boring for those that don't really keep up with it. So to help with that (make it less boring and have more people keep up with it), I'm going to try to post daily pics of my food. Tonight's dinner/snack was pepperoni & mozzarella sammiches. Fit in the calories perfectly and I'm downing a shake now to get the rest in. Note to self: 30 seconds in the microwave is too long, go with 25 next time.

macros = 67f / 261c / 289p = 2854 total, ~150g carbs preWO

No comments:

Post a Comment