Friday, October 28, 2011

10/27/11 - throws

throws

16# stone
  • x5 step over drills, best of 38'
  • x5 full standing, best of 40'
  • x8 south african, best of 43'
53# wfd
  • x5 one turns, best of 34'
  • x10 two turns, best of 34'
30# wfd x4-6, unk distance

again, stones felt great and weights did not. really tried to evaluate what is going on with my weights and discovered a few things: 1) I don't drive in a straight line. I drive diagonally left toward the front of the trig. This is due to over pivoting my right foot and turning into the turn too much with my torso. Need to fix this. 2) I'm pulling late because i'm waiting for my foot to pivot enough before driving. What does this mean? It means that for the last 2 months the one turn drills I've been doing have drilled incorrect footwork. This sucks. 3) I'm scooping the weight. The reason for this is when my footwork is correct, the timing of my drive from 1 to 2 is off and the weight is too close to my body. Time to fix all of this, hopefully I can get it semi-fixed before tucson. Lots of one turn drills to get the new footwork in my head. Then it's just going to be like Luke Crowley said, cast = rolling start into a huge one turn. Time to get rolling and some big WFD #s.

Had a nice little discussion with MVincent about this as well and learned a couple things. The same block on the stones should be felt on the weights, ie: getting up on my left and pushing back to accellerate my hips forward. Also, "pushing" the weight out, not pulling it. This is a product of getting up on that left rather than staying on my right and pulling the weight around me. Time to do work.

Oh, I also ate a decent meal before training (at noon) and I had a decent amount more of energy. Combined with the BCAAs during workout, I felt pretty good.


daily macros = 61f / 345c / 242p = 2927 cals IF style

No comments:

Post a Comment