Friday, November 19, 2010

11/18/10 - skwatz

100 days till Phoenix Games

training @ 1p

squats- 405x5, 425x5, 455x3, 405x5
GMs- 225x10, 275x8, 325x6 - all incredibly easy

bar was rolling down my back again and after talking with a few people after my squat session, I think I'm holding the bar too wide and my rear delts are losing tightness. I squat low bar and always have, that's what's comfortable for me and I never had an issue with the bar rolling before. I looked at some previous vids of me squatting heavy and noticed that I used to keep my hands 4-6" inside the plates on each side. Over the past few months, I've put a good deal of size onto my shoulder girdle due to hang cleans, snatches and high pulls and it's just not comfortable for me to keep my hands where I used to, however, I think putting them wider is just going to keep this issue going. Next week I'll try to fix the problem and see how it feels. I wanted to get some front squats in but I need to get this regular squat dialed in again first. Afterwards I'll start hitting fronts pretty hard every other week. I wanted to get in some snatches and high pulls but didn't have time as it was taking me so long to analyze what was going wrong on my squats. Once it all starts clicking again I'll be moving along quickly.

food

8a- 4 scoops whey
11a- 3 sub sandwiches & 7 hot wings

*train @ 1p*
8p- burger king: double whopper, king fry, large choco shake
9p- 4 scoops whey

meh, whatevs..


on a side note, I came up with this super awesome idea for breakfast on thanksgiving. I'll call it the French Toast Sandwich. First, observe the drawing::


From top to bottom:

2 slices french toast
2 pancakes
3 scrambled eggs
6 slices bacon
3 scrambled eggs
2 pancakes
2 slices french toast

And yes, all smothered in butter and syrup. And no, I'm not dieting for thanksgiving, hell I didn't diet much yesterday either but I won't dwell on the past. This "sandwich" will be amazing and there will be photos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment