Thursday, November 11, 2010

11/8/10 conditioning/shotput

110 days till Phoenix Games

Going to give this training blog thing a shot.. just started my first 'off season' after my first 'season'.. 

Finished up with Tucson games 11/7

Braemar (21.5#) - 35+ PR = 2nd
Open (17#) - 41+ PR = 2nd
HWFD - 32+ = 3rd
LWFD - 65+ PR = 3rd
Sheaf - bombed out = 6th
HH - 86+ = 2nd
LH - 106+ = 3rd
WOB - 14+ = 3rd
Caber (18' 100#) - 85deg = 3rd


3rd overall is a good games, especially behind big Dan Williams and Shawn Baker made it pretty cutthroat for me..... but regardless, I'm very unhappy with the majority of my throws including the PR LWFD. Everything was off and the planets were unaligned. I was bent over for WFD, just wasn't getting my chest up. Wasn't getting tall or long or loose for the hammers, had no pull in the WOB and my caber/sheaf exerpience is very limited to begin with. I threw better with no blades in Flagstaff, hit the bar for every throw @ 16' in Flagstaff WOB and hit 65' even LWFD with a 30# implement last week.. About the only thing good for me was the stones, nothing else showed as if I trained at all.. I suppose that's inexperience. Time to quit bitching and drill my ass off. Going to be working the technical side of things very hard the next 4 months leading to the Phoenix games...

Today is shotput drills (hip tosses, blocking, gliding) + sprints/plyos and core work..

Also begin watching the calories more::

11/8/10 food
8a- 4 scoops whey
train @ 1230p
215p- 3 scoops whey + 2 nutri grain bars
7p- 1 can corn w/butter, 2 large shake&bake pork chops, 5 cups 2% milk
9p- 3 scoops whey


cals= 3092, 100.5f/183.8c/357.3p

not enough cals, need more fat.. need to add a meal around 10a

No comments:

Post a Comment