Wednesday, July 20, 2011

7/20/11 - throws

training
  • 16# stone- standing & spins
  • 30# wfd
  • 16# hammer
worked on a few different things. on the braemar worked on pushing my right knee in as I'm driving toward the trig. got a bit more lift doing this though it's hard to see where it put me as my legs and chest are pretty trashed from deads and pressing the last couple days. with open stone I tried to get my left around before my right landed, wrapping a little faster which seemed to have a positive affect as well. Will keep practicing this way. The weights felt really good, focused on staying nice and low and got a great pop at the end. Kept everything really light, probably 60-70% effort. Finished up with hammer and this was the highlight. I started with the hammer ball at an angle behind me and instead of pulling it all the way across me I tried to keep the orbit diagonal behind me and in front of me, then as my winds progressed pulled across for my release. It was much easier to keep balance as well as keep the ball off to my right while at the same time keeping hips very active and get a nice high release (something I've been lacking lately). Going to keep working this for 2 more weeks then put my blades back on.

macros = ?? wifey made some aweseome peach cobbler and brown cupcakes with peanut butter morsels in them so I nom nom nom'ed them when I got home. shake & bake chops for dinner..

No comments:

Post a Comment