Monday, July 25, 2011

7/25/11 - throws + deads

throws
  • 16# stone- 10 standing, 20 south african
  • 16# hammer- 5 winds, 10 full throws
training

2" deficit deads- up to 635x1 = all time PR
sumo pulls for speed- 315x1x8
hang snatches- 195x3x3
hang cleans- 285x3x2

hell to the yeah.. I've never even pulled 635 from the floor, let alone from a deficit. Felt very strong and wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be. I'm confident I can nail 650 from the floor. One step closer to 7 bills.. I was supposed to drop to 550-570 for 4 triples after figuring out my training max, but I didn't care at that point, haha. I'm satisfied with the single. The speed sumo pulls felt easy. Every elite PLer I've talked to says to train your opposite stance for a huge DL, so I need to do so. Next week I'll go heavy with sumo and work speed conventional.

Throws went great, worked on pushing that right knee in during my drive to the trig and then delivering high. Same with the south african throws. Focused on getting that left around quick then pushing my right knee into double post and delivering high. Definitely feeling better, still need to get the reps in. Hammer felt great, getting nice extension and keeping the ball to my right. Looking forward to throws on wednesday.

macros= 65f / 324c / 254p = 2931cals

No comments:

Post a Comment