Wednesday, September 12, 2012

9/12/12 - throws: stone/hammer/wfd/stheaf

training#1

15.5# stone
*stand x6
*180 drill x6
*full x4

focusing on keeping the right leg in-line with the left arm while holding the upper body back.. some improvements

16# hammer
*2 wind x6
*full x4

focus on catching high and pushing right hip to accellerate the ball, working slow to fast with a big finish

training#2

56# wfd
*full x 22-25

was focusing on the drive to zero for the finish, but after talking with another thrower, the finish is more of a sink and lift, rather than a drive and finish. Funny, because that's what I had been doing before. Back to square one, work the sink/lift finish until it's absolutely perfect. Then annihilate the sprint. More separation after the first turn = longer push to zero = bigger sprint.

20# sheaf
*stand x15
*spin x8ish

moved my grip out a little on the fork and it really helped. Could get a much bigger backswing and the block was right on. Focused on driving down to my right foot with a big pull. Trying to figure out the spin also, lots of work to be had here.

overall a good day.

no carbs until about 6pm. I decided that if I'm going to train the following day, I'm going to start my carbup the night before, that way I can start replenishing glycogen to be ready for training the next day. Weighed in at 271lbs at about 6pm. Probably bump up to 274ish tomorrow. Another week or so and I can get a solid look at weight loss. Feeling pretty good right now though.

No comments:

Post a Comment