Monday, September 24, 2012

9/24/12 - throws: stone

am weight = 277 (post carbup)

training

15.5# stone
*stand x10, best of 44
*180 drill footwork
*south african drill footwork, best of 51
*south african w/stone x6-8, best of 50
*full spin x10-12

few changes today that worked for the better..

standing: typically I slam my left foot down, push my right hip and open my left arm simultaneously while holding my upper body back.. then a huge push off my left leg for a block.. today, I not only slammed my left foot down, but I pushed it more to the left as well. That pulled my right around faster and was much more snappy. i like.

spinning footwork getting better. went to a throwing shoe on my right foot and easier to keep the right foot turning. couple things of note: on the south african, I feel very linear, not very rotational. I can get my left around fast, and separate well, but I miss the block. Instead of a good hard block, I get on top of my left and end up jumping the stone out there, in a sense. It ended up going farther than my fulls though, because I did indeed separate better.

things of note with the full spin: went back to sweeping my right leg aorund. I feel much more rotational doing this. I can get good linear drive with my left leg driving me through the sprint, and the right foot sweeping brings my left around faster and nailing a really good block. The downside to this, it's faster and I haven't timed my separation yet. Need to work on staying low, a faster left leg and better separation. Light years ahead of where I started back in february. I *think* I dropped one out at 54' as it was the only divot out there, but I didn't actually see where it landed so I'm not going to note it. I did have a great deal of throws out between 48 and 51 so progressing is being made. here are a couple vids





macros = will be somewhere around 90/30/225 (f/c/p) day 1/4 low carb

No comments:

Post a Comment