Thursday, September 13, 2012

9/13/12 - ppress/deads + throws: stone

training#1

15.5# stone
*stand x6
*180 drill x6
*full spin x12

focus on being more patient before exploding for the finish. Was able to hit the position correctly 2 out of the 12 throws, lol. Also figured out that if I get too comfortable coming out of the back, I tend to overstep with my right foot. This causes me to go through the trig more and when I land, I have a very narrow base and can't get onto my left at all. Did this for 3/4 of the throws before figuring it out. Went back to nice and slow and easy out of the back and everything felt good again. Opening up a bit early, but I'm moreso focused with pushing the right hip and keeping the right foot turning before finishing. Definitely made some progress today and looking forward to stones next week

training#2

6.73 miles on stationary bike in 20mins

531 (wk2) ppress- 195x3, 220x3, 250x ---
531 (wk2) deads- 295x3, 455x3, 510x6
pulldowns- 210x10x5

done and done, quick and easy. Deads were cakecause. Actually got a burn starting on the 4th rep, lol. Cardio is still meh, fatigue set in after the 5th rep.. 6th rep was easy to pull, but exhausting, haha. Should probably work on that but, meh, I'm not really worried about it. Shoulder is doing ok, still doing a lot of circles and internal/external rotations. 220 felt easy but it was getting sore so I didn't want to push it with the heavy set. Next week I'll do the first two sets again then call it. Hopefully the following week when I go back to 5s I'll be able to finish all sets without any worry. Was going to do some rows but last week it hit my shoulder a bit too hard and didn't want to chance it this week. Will add those back in next week. Pulldowns felt good and easy, no shoulder pain. Progress fsho.. looking good. Ventura games coming up in about a month, looking forward to it.

didn't track macros, just made sure to get lots of carbs, feeling good, I'll weigh myself tomorrow and see where I'm at post carb-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment