Friday, February 1, 2013

2/1/13 - hammers

Training @ 1215p

1x16# hammer + 1x14# hammer x 13-14 rounds

Started off with maybe 4-5 sets of just winds to loosen up. Core is absolutely fried today from hammers yesterday. I knew I was only going to work on my finish today so I didn't need to worry about speed or anything else. Just get long, loose and get a smooth finish. I'm very confident I accomplished this today. Also focused on keeping the ball on my right side. As soon as it started drifting left, my finish got sloppy. So after the first wind, I really pulled my right elbow back (thanks Mike Pock) to set the low point off my right side. After watching Dan McKim's videos, I also did this with the 2nd wind, though it's a bit harder to do while getting long at the same time. This set my low point good on the first and seconds winds. After that I pushed my right knee in to my left side to drive the ball through it's low point and focused on getting very long. Nothing new here. This is where the epiphany happened. Instead of dropping my head back down to the horizon, I tried to keep my chest as high as possible the entire time the ball was dropping on my right side and moving in front of me. I just sunk my hips, drove my right knee to the left side and popped my hips up. Had some really good throws. Didn't care about measuring any of them, I'd say most were in the 105s range because they were so slow but man did they feel good. I'm very anxious to spend another 1-2 sessions drilling this new setup and finish then really put some heat on it. Happy with this session.



No comments:

Post a Comment