Wednesday, February 27, 2013

2/26/13 - me ohp/de pulls

Training @ 430a

Push press triples up to 295x3, 305x2
Deadlift against efs short avg bands 315x1x10 then drop the bands 315x3x2

Band pull aparts
Band face pulls
RDLs 225x12x3


Good and bad day here. Got to try out my new spud deadlift belt, though, for overhead pressing not for deads. I really like how it's got the ring and velcro. Hit 275x3 betless then belted up for 295 on the ohp. Push presses felt strong and I was confident about 305 for a triple but gassed out hard halfway through the 3rd rep. Took a 2nd attempt at the 3rd rep and still missed it. Ugh. My ohp strength is annoyingly pathetic. Deads felt good but I could still feel how the bar was too far out front. Not sure how this happened because I didn't used to be like that. As such, I decided to play around with a new pull style similar to KK and Efferding. Put my toes uncomfortably pointing outwards, head down and balled up my hips. The first one felt like ass because I didn't drive my head back. Once I got that down then it felt amazing. Pushed my knees out against my arms, took tension off the bar and exploded. Didn't even feel my back activate. It felt very strong, going to play with this a bit more next week with some heavier weights.



Training @ 1230a

17# stone
*stand x8
*spin x8-10

No tape measure today. On the standing tosses focused on getting a little more on my left leg before exploding. It's coming together, but still missing separation. I've got to really hold my upper body back to create that whip from the block. Still more work. Spins felt good. Been watching a lot of video of Randy Barnes and how fluid and effortless his spins look. A very nice, slow and relaxed turn out of the back then a very explosive and deliberate right leg that pulls the left around very fast. Still more work to do but I feel like it's coming together. Doing better at holding my upper body back but my lower body was slow today so I wasn't getting a good push on my right knee or a good whip. Stones again on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment