Wednesday, February 6, 2013

2/6/13 - hammers

Training @ 1245p

16# + 14# hammer x approx 8 rounds

About 3 sets of winds to loosen up. On the way to the field stopped at Sports Authority and picked up a ligament support brace as my knee is still bugging me. Just stiff and tender, nothing big. Going to rest up this weekend. Need to get back on an active recovery program to prevent this garbage from happening. Wanted to get out in the garage this morning to do some jump rope, foam rolling and ab stuff but the lil guy was up all night with some colic issues and just couldn't drag myself out of bed, haha. My wife is a trooper the way she takes care of him, nursing him and still nursing our 2 year old. Props.

Anyways, took the first toss with the 16# and I knew it was going to be a positve day. First one went 115ish with nothing on it. Focus today was less of hip drive and more of pushing the hammer with my right arm. Nate Burchett has told me to do this for a long time now and I just didn't understand what he meant until last week when I threw hammers. I inadvertantly pulled the hammer with my right arm on the downswing and it transferred to a fast and big finish. I do a great job at countering the ball with my hips, but I wasn't getting any real drive on it. Today I wanted to work just that. Still kept long and focused on keeping the ball off to the right. Had some really good tosses. Need to take a lot more throws to get my timing down. A couple tosses were late on the pop and a couple were early. Went 135ft with the 14lb hammer and 130ft with the 16lb hammer on the ones that I did nail the timing. The 125ft toss near the end of the video had some serious heat on it until I lost the finish. Really looking forward to pushing this when I'm not as fatigued as I currently am, lol.



No comments:

Post a Comment