Thursday, February 14, 2013

2/14/13 - log press/de deadlift & stones

Training#1 @ 530a (see the trend, getting later and later, lol)

Log press up to 300x1 (tie PR)
2" deficit deads 315x1x3, 365x1x3, 405x1x4

Weighted ring rows
Lying leg raises

Need to get my ass out of bed earlier, despite the gym being in my garage. One thing about training at home is it's awesome to see my kids when they wake up in the morning before I head into work. Really enjoying that time with them. That's why I need to get up earlier so that I'm done before they wake up instead of 10-15 minutes after.

Log press went well, definitely better than last time. Worked on the clean specifically, to be more efficient. Instead of just pulling and going, I pulled it to my knees, dropped down, took a big breath and kept it right at my sternum then pushed elbows up. Clean was 100% easier than last couple times I've gone for 300. The press on the other hand was belghh. I'm not too worried, just a little fatigued and still getting over the cold. Deads felt great, snappy. Not terribly fast but not slow either. Worked on getting into place, pulling tension out of the bar then an aggressive hard break off the floor. Felt good.



Training#2 @ 1210p

17# stone
*stand x10, best 39ft
*full spin x6-8, best 47ft, avg 44ft

Stone is actually 17.3lbs but we'll call it 17 for good measure. Not sure if it's fatigue or what, but stands just sucked a huge one today. Just couldn't get any separation. Doesn't help that when throwing wfd yesterday my left rhomboid/lat area tightend up and it still hasn't loosened up yet and I can feel it every time I breathe. Didn't cause me an issue for the spin though. On the spin I really focused on holding my upper body back until the very very last split nanosecond. Had some pretty good results. Last throw was 47ft (barely) and I'm happy with that. Watching the video I can see that I like to start my transition too early. I think if I kept "sprinting" for another 1/4 second that I would have more bodyweight over my right, transferring to my left for a bigger block. Regardless, this was a good breakthrough day for me with the spin. Holding the upper body back is just such a big deal. Feeling good about ostone and looking forward to the next practice.





On an unrlated note, I came home from work the other day and was told that my 2 year old was "flipping the ottoman". I'm like, wtf?

No comments:

Post a Comment