Friday, February 1, 2013

1/30/13 - stones

Training @ 1230p

15.5# stone
*stand x20
*full spin x8

lost of footwork drills and watching other putters in between

Didn't measure any of these. Really trying to get my hip in front of the stone on the standing tosses. Braemar seems like such a tough event for me.. hell, stones in general. I really need to kick these up soon.

Full spin felt ok. Working on a few things: keeping the right foot turning, holding my upper body back to give my hips time to push through. Tried a couple different things then finally something clicked on the last two throws. Instead of driving forward with my foot, as soon as my right foot passed my left foot, I began pushing my right knee forward. This let my knee land over my toe and my whole center of gravit shifted forward. Foot spun around fast and while it wasn't a great throw, I think it's a step in the right direction. Talked to Tom Sroka about this and it appears that when I turn out of the back, I'm not loading my left. I start low, then as soon as I turn, my hips pop up and I sink into the transition. Instead I need to keep low and focus on driving up and out into the transition. Going to work on this. Feeling positive for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment