Tuesday, January 29, 2013

1/29/13 - wfd

Training @ 1215p

49# wfd
*one turn x10, avg 46
*full x8, avg 47, best 51

28# wfd x6, avg 79, best 84

These felt good, especially after not touching a wfd for over 2 weeks. Training has taken a back seat to the new born and my 2 year old so it was really nice to get out for 30-40 minutes and get some reps in. Focus was a dialed back sprint with a huge finish. I tend to juice my sprint so much that I either lose position for the finish or I slow the implement down for the finish and in either case, the distance significantly decreases. The one turns were a good warmup. Was able to really focus on catching it high and accellerating through the low point. The full tosses with the 49# felt great. Very easy and slow first turn, about 70%ish sprint with a big big finish. The 51ft toss was pretty nice. Did the same thing with the 28#. Really have to dial the sprint back on these. On my last toss I tried to really get after the sprint and I lost the position for the finish and just dropped the weight. Dialed the sprint back to about 80% and really hit the finish hard for a nice 84'5" throw. That's more like it. Anxious to start getting out there more often but things have to slow down at home first so I can get back into a normal routine. Until then, I'm pleased with how things have held up.



No comments:

Post a Comment