Wednesday, January 9, 2013

1/9/12 - wfd

Training @ 7a

56# wfd
*one turn x12, best of 40
*full x12, 43

49# wfd x10, 48

56# wfd x3, 42

28# wfd, 80

First off, Landrich's 49# wfd is awesome. It's the same feel as a 56 but unnoticeably (yet somehow noticeably) lighter. I really liked this. Found it was easier to hit positions, yet still had the same weight and "drag" a 56 would have. I noticed on my fulls that my orbit angle was lop-sided with the left side (if looking from behind out towards the field) drooping down below the right side. I know this is affecting not only my sprint but my finish. This was absolutely simple to fix with the 49lb weight. I was just kind of spinning around in a circle for my first turn and that was keeping the whole right side of the orbit a bit lower than the left. Fixed it by counting a bit harder with my left shoulder coming out of the back into the first turn. That raised up the weight on the right side which carried through the entire throw. Noticeable difference as soon as I did it. Dropped one at 48 and another at 47 and went back to the 56# for a couple tosses. First was high 42ft then a couple at 41ish as by then I was getting very very tired. Avg was about 76-77 with the lwd, was just missing a pop for the finish. Killed it on my last one and was just shy of 81. I need to make 85 work all day long. Still more work with the lwd needed. Going to start dialing back my hwd and increasing lwd volume.

Squats and hammers tomorrow. Yess!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment