Monday, January 14, 2013

1/14/12 - de fsquat/me bench & hammers

Training#1 @ 430a

pulled out the Power Factor today, oh yeah!!!

Front squat (w/choked EFS monster mini bands) 185x2x4, 225x2x8
Floor press up to 345x1, 275x8

GMs
DB incline bench
Pullups
Dips

Fsquats felt good, about 90% reps over 3ft/sec. Anxious to keep pushing these and get faster. Floor presses felt awful. The cold weather has my right elbow extremely stiff. As soon as I got to 275 on my way up I felt a very sharp pinching. Relaxed and massaged it and went up to 315 and it went away. On my way back down started feeling it again. So annoying. Hit the incline db press with 130s for my last set of 6 reps. Felt good to get that heavy with them, it's been a long time.

Training#2 @ 715a

16# hammer x12
14# hammer x4

Did rounds of 3x16 and 1x14 for 4 total rounds. Didn't pull out the tape at all, just focused on positions. Trying to smooth my entry up still so I go right into a relaxed 2nd wind. Also trying to drive my right knee forward as well as to the left. This helped as I was able to keep the hammer on my right side instead of allowing it to drift left (which is exactly what happened whenever I would drive my right knee in to the left). Focused on being relaxed and whippy. My finish is still off. It's very choppy and just looks like I'm trying too hard. I'm always coming out of my left hole and catching myself falling to the right. Need to center my gravity better to utilize full leg power on the finish, rather than just a finish that consists primarily of my right leg. Still work to do here. This is going to be a big season for me with hammer though. Seems I'm making pretty good gains consistently here.

No comments:

Post a Comment