Tuesday, January 15, 2013

1/15/13 - me deadlift/de ohp & stones

Training#1 @ 415a

Strict ohp to 265x1, miss 275, 225x5
Below the knee pin pulls to 635x1, miss 675, 585x3

Seated db ohp
Bb Yates rows
Bar twists
Hanging leg raises

Shouldn't be missing lifts but they felt strong. Need to make better judgements on when to call it. Pins were set at bottom (knee level) and I was standing on a 4" box. I like these. Really forces the lower back to stay strong to break it off the pins. Will go a bit lower next time, maybe stand on the box + 2" plates. Up to 115s on seated db ohp, nothing impressive but that's progress so I'm happy with that. Up to 365 on Yates rows. Wanted to go to 405 but its been a long time and was pretty fatigued already. Did extra row sets in lieu of db rows.

Training#2 @ 730a

Footwork drills for stone
*180 drills
*south African drills
*full spin drills

Focus on driving linear and crossing my right foot across my body, landing on the outside of my foot then slamming the left leg around hard while driving my right knee around and forward. Also worked on holding my upper body back. Feeling separated and getting comfortable in that position. Can feel the weight transfer into my left for a block. Improvements. No actual stone tosses.



No comments:

Post a Comment