Monday, January 7, 2013

1/5/12 - hammers & clinic

Training @ 7a

16# hammer
*winds x5
*full x20

14# hammer x8

Working on a nice, slow, smooth entry and guiding the ball to its low point off my right side. From there, trying to drag the ball across me. If I nail the entry and first wind, I get incredibly whippy and can improve speed really well. If my first wind is off, everything goes down the shitter. The other thing is the finish. Once again, I'm going way early. This tells me I'm not dragging thorugh the low point and posting off my left leg. I know what to do so that's the good news. Still more work to do.



Had the clinic afterwards and was a great success. Lots of good throwers showed up and I genuinely hope they took something away from the clinic. I feel I was able to help everyone in at least 1 area of every implement. We didn't use a tape measure so I don't know if anybody hit PRs or not. I do know that by the time we were done, their positions looked incredibly better. It is now up to them to practice and drill so they can bring it out on the field with them. I threw ***A LOT*** as well since I was demonstrating. Feeling very very very beat up. Had a great time with great people and made a few bucks to put towards traveling to games this year. I'm thankful for all of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment