Monday, January 7, 2013

1/7/12 - me fsquat/de bench

Training @ 430a

Front squat (w/ JS choked avg bands) up to 405x1, 315x2
Narrow grip bench (w/ EFS doubled mini bands) 135x3x3, 145x3x3, 155x3x3

GMs
Pullups
DB incline bench
Dips against mini bands


Feeling incredibly stiff this morning from throwing so much at the clinic. Compounded by not throwing hammer for 2 weeks then taking 50+ throws through the course of the day. Feeling overall beat up so I opted to lower the bar weight and utilize my avg bands for some top end work. At about 365 I realized I couldn't breathe with the bar on my shoulders/throat with the bands attached, that made it incredibly difficult to make the weight, although 365 really didn't feel too bad. Moved up to 405 and felt like a train on my front delts. Came out of the hole fast but hit a wall just as fast. Pushed through the band tension and while I was locking it out I started to black out. Hurried up and racked it after lock out and stood there for a minute while everything came back. Very weird, need to figure out a different breathing pattern if I'm going to do more of these. I dropped down to 315 for a set of 6-8 and after the 2nd rep I was getting very lightheaded again. The added tension at the top of the front squat is much different than just bar weight and makes it very tough to get a breath. Maybe I'm just being a pussy, that's entirely possibly.

Speed bench was pretty fun, really the only type of flat benching I enjoy. Db incline was good, though stabilizers are still catching up. Was going to go throw stones this morning but it was fucking cold and I just didn't feel like it. Tomorrow's another day: speed deads & heavy push press then no skipping stones.

No comments:

Post a Comment