Monday, January 7, 2013

1/4/12 - wfd

Training @ 7a

56# wfd
*one turn x12
*full x 12, best of 44 with majority at 40 & low 41s

28# wfd x12, best of 79 with majority at 77s

Nothing big here, just getting the reps in so it feels smooth and natural again. Working on leaning to my right and sinking for a longer finish. Very little pop on these, feeling pretty beat up from the week. Lwd #s are unacceptable. If I want to be competitive, I need to be a guaranteed 85ft every time. Going to start spending a lot more reps on lwd in the near future. Need to sync up my timing. My drive to zero and sprint phase of the lwd throw is great but when I get to the front, the weight is moving so fast I'm actually slowing it down to hit the positions and I lose so much speed. It's very noticeable. Also, I notice the low point drifting off my right side out of the back and it is shortening up my sprint/finish. I hadn't caught this and must have slowly gotten back into this bad habit. An easy fix since I know what to do so I should have that under control. I definitely feel that is hurting my lwd numbers much more than my hwd #s.

No comments:

Post a Comment