Tuesday, January 8, 2013

1/8/12 - me ohp/de deadlift & stones

Training#1 @ 5a

Push press up to 325x1, 275x6
2" deficit deads (w/ EFS short avg bands) 315x2x8

seated db ohp
machine rows

Satisfied with the push presses. Not a pr but an improvement since last time and that's what I'm looking for. I'd really like to push this much higher over the next 3 months. Deads felt solid. Speed wasn't terrible but definitely not great either.



Training#2 @ 715a

15.5# stone
*standing x10
*full spin x12

Few things differently on both styles. On standing tosses I focused on really pushing my right knee in hard to separate as hard as possible. Also delayed my left arm just a little bit to get better separation. Best was about 42ft without a reverse and going about 80% so it felt good. Trying to get hips square to the trig while keeping my upper body back as far as possible. On full spin, really focusing on the middle transition and finishing by driving my right knee forward into my left side block. I think I made some progress today but will have a couple experts review. On the ostone biggest difference I did was instead of turning my knee in (towards 9:00) and sweeping my whole leg across my body as if I were going to side kick someone, I instead drove forward and pushed the inside of my knee/groin area across my body so that my foot would land facing 11:00. It obviously didn't, but the mental cue I think worked. From there I could get my foot turning and focus more on driving my right knee to the trig and into my block. Still far from great but I'll take even the smallest of improvement. Hit a couple 46s without much effort, just really trying to separate and get a long push on the stone.

No comments:

Post a Comment