Wednesday, January 2, 2013

1/2/13 - ppress/deads & stone/wfd

Training#1 @ 430a

Ppress 255x5x2, 255x7
Deads 505x5x2, 505x7

30" box jumps
Seated db ohp
Bb rows
Db rows

Good sesh. Pretty wrecked from Monday but you'll have that. Think I might start pulling from a 2" deficit again as it seems I've lost a good amount of leg drive breaking the weight off the floor. I'll play with it next week and decide then. Ppress felt solid.

Training#2 @ 715a

15.5# stone
*standing x8
*full spin x10

Not terrible. First time throwing stones in close to 3 weeks. Working on getting my left around fast enough to snap my right into position for the finish (right knee forward, left loaded for a big block). Also trying to hold my upper body for longer. Still need to get my left around more heel/toe-ish rather than straight on as to open the hips better. No big throws just sweeping the dust off. Stones will be the focus for the next few weeks.

56# wfd
*one turn x6
*full x10, best of 44

First time throwing wfd in a while too. Felt good to get out there, though the positions took a while to hit. Never really got a hold of any of the one turns. Towards the end of the fulls I was getting there but still missing the drive to zero at the finish. Need to get lower and more lift at the end. No worries, easy fixes now that I'm back into it again.



No comments:

Post a Comment