Monday, January 21, 2013

1/18/13 - de squat/snatch

Training @ 12p

Hang power snatch up to 215x2x3
19" box squat w/heels up 225x2x2, 275x2x4, 315x2x4, 365x2x2

band curls


First things first, I'm a proud father of two boys now. My awesome Mrs had our 2nd baby boy on 1/16/13 at 2:06am. He was 20.5" long and 8lbs 6oz. We named him Xander William Sullivan. Start to finish, labor was a shade over 3 hours, she did so well with it and I couldn't be prouder. Took time off of work until the 28th to spend with the family and get a good schedule in order.

Now onto the workout. Snatches felt really good. Just wanted to work up to a heavy double then do a few sets of it. Working on pulling it as high as I can and very little knee bend for the catch. Figured I could've gone up to 225 but I've never doubled 225 before and wanted to work with something comfortable for now. Will push a bit heavier next time. Really liking these as of late. Need to add in some cleans soon, maybe as a warmup for front squats, hmm.. got to figure something out. Was going light on squats and decided to try out the "heels up" method I've seen Vierra do in his training video, just to see how it felt. I liked it. Going to add this in on a semi-regular basis.



No comments:

Post a Comment