Monday, January 14, 2013

1/12/13 - throws

Training @ 2p

15.5# stone
standing x9, best 43
full spin x9, best 48

Talked with Jon O'Neil on Thursday or Friday about my stones. He mentioned I need a stronger block. Need to load my left leg a little more at the front and really focus on pushing my left hip back. So that was the focus on the standing tosses. I feel I definitely got this working, but seemed to have lost some height. Not a tough fix so I'm happy with these. On the spin, focused again on driving straight and pushing my right leg across my body while keeping my foot as forward as possible. Focus on holding the upper back and using my left leg block to "uncork" myself. Progress.

56# wfd x6-8, best 42

Trying to clean up my entry on these. Very chopping on my others. Watched a lot of vids of Vierra, Brock and others and noticed their entry is very smooth and relaxed. I feel like I fixed the entry but it threw off my timing of the sprint and the finish. More work to be done here but def made a little progress.

28# wfd x6-8, best 80

Getting tired by now, avg was about 75ft with a big one at 80. Feeling off on the finish, just not driving it down. Just need some more reps here with the new entry.

caber 20ft x100# x6, 3 turns

Never turned this caber before. Very little taper to it but a great practice caber. Same caber that Andrew Hobson and Mike Susmark used to practice with all the time. Nailed every pick, felt very easy controlled in my hands. Driving the caber was a different story. Ended up chasing it every time. Got it turned three times, but still felt off. Def need some more work with this but I have my confidence up now and I'm anxious to get after it again.



No comments:

Post a Comment