Friday, February 15, 2013

2/15/13 - hammers

Training @ 12p

16# hammer x2

20#hammer x6, avg 114, best 117
16# hammer x6, avg 122, best 125
14# hammer x6, avg 133, best 139

16# hammer x2, best 128

First off, I skipped squats and o-lifts this morning. Still feeling meh from the cold but kind of run down and hitting 3 days in a row with the weights is miserable so I just chalked it up to a recovery day and hoped I would show some progress with the hammers.

As usual, ran through a few sets of winds to loosen up. First toss went out to 118 and I thought it was going to be a good day. Took the 20-16-14 as rounds and went 6 rounds total. Towards the end I realized I was hitting the right positions and doing the right thing, but wasn't trying to keep the ball to my right side. Throws felt good, just something was off. Took a couple throws really focusing on pulling my right elbow back on the 2nd wind to keep my low point good and throws got better again. Had two throws at 139 with the 14# hammer. Very happy with that.

Last two throws of the day and I wanted to get a couple bombs out there. Sped up a bit but was very mindful about the low point on the first one. Felt great, but slow, and went 128. The next one felt absolutely amazing. Had it going ridiculously fast and then got a little anxious and finished early. Ugh, frustrating. That would have been a big throw as it was flat as hell and still went 128. Oh well, next time. Very happy with the 20 and 14# tosses. Just need to remember to keep that low point on my right side. Anxious for next hammer sesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment