Monday, February 4, 2013

2/4/13 - de fsquat/me bench & stones

Training#1 @ 5a

Front squat 225x2x4, 275x2x6
Flat BB bench up to 365x1, 315x6

GMs
Pullups
Ring push ups
Ring dips

First day getting back into it in the morning. Training in the garage for now until things are running smoother with the baby. Makes it tough as I've got to be extra quiet with the weights as to not wake up my 2 year old so things took a little longer. Fronts were supposed to be for speed but weights started clanking loud when I really kicked it up so I focused on exploding out of the hole and just slowing down towards the top. Felt pretty good. Thought about going to 315 but didn't feel like changing weight. Bench felt solid, felt like maybe 90-95% or so. I think I could've gotten 8 with 315 but I couldn't bench in the rack becase of where I have my log press positioned. I've got to do some rearranging. Ring dips after ring pushups are miserable.


Training#2 @ 1230p

15.5# stone
*standing x12, avg 44, best of 47
*full spin x16-20, avg 50, best just shy of 52

Progress, finally. On both standing and spin. Decided to hold my upper body back so long that my left side block is what caused my shoulders to open up. That created a HUGE whip and sling-shotted the stone out. Very happy with this. Focused on the same thing with the spin. Got lower and loaded my left more for the sprint of the spin. Focused on getting my left around and holding my upper body back as long as I could. Also focused on not exploding until both knees were facing forward. Still some work here but definitely some progress. Looking forward to throwing stones again on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment