Thursday, February 21, 2013

2/21/13 - de squat/snatches

Training @ 515a

Hang snatches 135x3x5
16" heels up box squat 225x2x3, 275x2x3, 315x2x3

12" step ups 135x10x3
EFS short avg band shrugs 3x20
EFS long mini band hammer curls 3x20

100 jump rope + 10 ring rows x 3 rounds

Still getting up later than I want, need to get back on top of this. Squats felt good, slow off the box but about 2-3" higher everything engages and I fly up. This height is definitely a weak spot for me so I'm going to keep working it. I like the heels up as it hits my quads and calves a bit better and I can see how it can relate to throwing. The small conditioning circut at the end felt good. Not too hard but not easy. Def got my breathing hard. Respiratory conditioning is WAAAYYY behind my musuclar endurance so I'm going to try to work this. Skipped rows when I did pulls the other day so this kind of makes up for it. Shoulder feeling better but still some pain when my arm is behind me. Snatches felt good, no issues at all. Only felt the shoulder during the workout on the step ups, when my grip was in a little closer and the bar would push my arm down a little bit on the descent of the step up. Overall not an issue and I foresee it healing pretty quickly. Rained a lot yesterday so the field is soaked today. Hammers tomorrow then a strongman training session on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment