Monday, February 25, 2013

2/23/13 - strongman training

Training @ 8a

10" log press up to 291x1
Trap bar deadlift up to 645x1, miss at 735, 645x1
200lb keg + 250lb sandbag x80ft x1 round

Was iffy about my shoulder with the log press but kept it nice and warm and really focused on a big leg drive to get it up over my head before letting my arms/shoulders take over. Felt good and 291 felt easy. Trap bar deadlift was fun but I don't like it as much as a regular bar and I felt it was harder. Meh. I got the 735 about an inch or so off the floor and gave up on it, though I didn't even know I broke the floor which is why I gave up in the first place. Whatevs. Was supposed to be 3 rounds with the mini-medley but another guy broke my sandbag so we had to call it there. Some other guys were doing the yoke and farmers medley but I didn't care to do it since I'm skipping that event anyways.

Did a bunch of pullups and attempted bar muscle ups but split my hand open and called it quits. Overall a fun day. I'm ready for the strongman, it should be pretty fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment