Wednesday, April 10, 2013

4/10/13 - me bench / de ohp & stones

Training#1 @ 415a

Bench up to 385x1
**add slingshot 385x4/4/3
Strict ohp (speed) 135x3x8
Push press 225x5, 245x5, 275x4
Ring dips 5x6

Band pull aparts 3x20
Band face pulls 3x20
Band wide grip pushdowns 3x20

Good sesh. Wasn't expecting the 385 so that was pleasant. Felt solid, but went up slow. Looking to go 4+ here in the next couple months. I'd like to make another run at 450, my best ever was 455x2 raw. Lots more tricep work though. Slingshot felt pretty cool, can definitely see some overload training here on the tris. Progress on ring dips. Will start working 7s now until I can get 5x7 then move to 8s. When I get to 10s I'll start adding weight. Prob gonna be a while before that happens. Tris felt smoked after the pushdowns. I like.


Training#2 @ 1230p

15.5# stone
*standing x6 for warmup
*full spin x15-20

Worked on a snappier right leg. So, from the back my goal was to open up my left leg and get my right foot as far away from my left as possible. From there, allow the right leg to snap into the middle of the box. This gave me a much faster left and kept my right turning the whole time. Problem at hand: still finishing early. I need to hold my upper back longer. Ughh.. At least there's some progress. Covering more ground on the spin and getting more linear (mostly). Now I need to drill getting my weight balanced on my right leg and holding my upper body to torque up while my right hip is pushing through. Anybody have any tips or cues for you to hold back your finish and not rush it? Any specific drills?


No comments:

Post a Comment