Monday, April 1, 2013

4/1/13 - me deads

Training @ 440a

Deadlift doubles up to 545x2, 585x1, miss x2, 545x2
Front squat x3 + back squat x3 w/ last rep paused 225, 315, 365, 385
GMs 275x5x3
12" box step ups 135x12x3

skipped pull-ups, meh. Ran out of protein powder over the weekend and costco was closed so this mornings shit-fest was brought to you by an empty stomach. For months now whenever I pull heavy I feel a small pinch my left spinal erector near the insertion point above the glute. This annoys me and makes me wonder if this is the reason my pulling has been so terrible. Need to see a soft tissue guy to see if I can get it worked out. I've tried rolling it with a roller, lax ball, etc and nothing. It seems to inflame when I sleep weird the previous night and takes a few days to go away. Ugh. All excuses aside, I just didn't have the WIM for the double at 585, which is also funny because a couple weeks ago when I pulled 615 I would have killed the double at 585. I took a couple more attempts at a single and energy was nil. Dropped to 545 and pulled both like they were 405. whatevs. The squat complex-ish movement was interesting. Really didn't think it was going to be as tough as it was. Thought about hitting 4+ but was pretty smoked for the 385 so I called it there. Looking back at the session it really doesn't look like I did much, but I feel like I got hit by a train. lol

I need more posterior work.

No comments:

Post a Comment