Saturday, April 6, 2013

4/6/13 - stones/wfd

Training @ 7a

23.5# bstone x10, avg 34-35
15.5# ostone x6-8, unk distances
49# wfd x8-10, avg 48
28# wfd x8, avg 82

Bstone feeling so much more comfortable lately, now to just speed it up and make it explosive. Baby steps. Doing a good job of pushing my knee in and down to accelerate the right hip while holding my upper back. Still lots of work, but it's feeling more natural. Going to be good when I can put some pop on it.

Ostone felt pretty good. Did lots of "mirror drills" and separated spins to work on getting my right down and keeping my bodyweight on it vs shifting forward onto my left too soon. Trying to get a longer right leg out of the back of the spin as well as getting my right down and holding my upper back similar to my wfd to get my left down faster for a longer push on the stone. Lots of little things but really working just one thing at a time. Lots of drills between throws. Things are shaping up. Today wasn't a "I hate stones day".

WFD felt good. Didn't feel like I had a lot of gas in the tank so my heavies were a bit off. Was looking for a 50 footer but kept hitting an invisible wall. Was a tough training week and I've got 2 more of them before the Vegas games. Will be sure to get lots of rest the 3 days leading up to the games. LWD felt solid but again, still missing a big pop. Felt like I couldn't really hit 100% on either the sprint or the finish. Happy with numbers despite.

Had to call it early without hitting hammers as my mrs called and needed me home to take care of the baby. She's got a nasty stomach flu so that really sucks for her. On the flip side, I get to spend more time with my boys and that's always fun (and exhausting, lol). I'll try to get out and do some wob either this afternoon or tomorrow depending on energy levels. Got plans this afternoon so might have to hit it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment