Tuesday, April 30, 2013

4/30/13 - me squat & stones

Training#1 @ 530a

Squat 405x5, 455x5, 505x3
Hang clean 225x3x6
Snatch grip DL 225x12x3

Well, now that I wrote it out it looks like I really didn't do much. Squat was tough. Not much motivation but got the work done. Kept it light on cleans to get the movement pattern back. Decided to try to snatch grip RDLs and felt great. Felt the contraction in the muscle belly of the hamstring vs up towards the glute tie in. Will be rotating these in often.


Training#2 @ 130p

18# shot
*standing x6-8, avg 42-43
*full x12-14

Standing tosses felt good. Getting better at pushing my right in and twisting my torso while holding it back vs allowing my upper body to fold forward. Right knee in, climb the left, chest high.

Big breakthrough on the spin. Really trying to get my right side to push through into the shot vs having my left pull my right around into position. After a few throws started toying with staying on my left longer before driving into the middle. This put me in a great position to get my right down fast and begin pushing immediately. Need to get this consistent. From there, need to hold my upper back a bit longer to separate better. Definitely a big step in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment