Wednesday, April 24, 2013

4/24/13 - stones

Training @ 615a

18# indoor shot
*stand x6, best 43
*spin x8-10, best 48, avg 45

Stands went well. Getting better at pushing my right leg in, holding my upper position and firing with my chest high. Still could get a stronger block on my left side. Happy with 43ft from an 18# shot though.

Spin went ok. Back was really stiff so getting separated required an act from congress. Wet grass this am so couldn't wear my slick on my right foot like usual. Wore my spikes instead. A valuable lesson from this was it taught me not to rely on my left leg to "pull" my right through. The right spike just stopped it every time and my right hip never got forward to finish strong. This forced me to land, stop my upper body (mental cue was to keep my left arm behind my right leg), and push my right through (cue was to drive my knee in), focusing on a long push on the shot. This will definitely carry over. With more practices. Some big tosses coming here soon. Getting more confident with the stone/shot.



Now time to rest up for Sac games this weekend. Going to work with a massage therapist tomorrow to help loosen my back up. Also, ice bath, contrast showers, hot tub and lots of stretching/foam rolling until Saturday morning, then it's time to drop bombs. I've got PRs on the brain!!


No comments:

Post a Comment