Monday, April 8, 2013

4/8/13 - me squat & hammers

Training#1 @ 430a

EFS reverse strong band squat up to 700x1
Front squat 365x3, 365x3, 415x3
Sumo deads 315x3, 365x3, 365x3
12" step ups 135x10, 185x10x2
RDLs 315x10x3

Squats were belt/wraps only and bands fully deloaded at the top. The walkout and top end felt stupid heavy. I liked it. Will defnitely throw these into a roatation of sorts. I think next training block I'll do front squats for the primary movement. Then squat against bands and then regular squats. Sumo deads were meh. I went from 365 to 415 on the 2nd set and as I was starting to pull my left hamstring cramped up. Seeing how I could give two shits about sumos, I dropped the weight back down to 365 and kept it there. Hammy felt gold. Rdls felt really good also, very good stretch on them. Going to kick it up a notch next week. Vegas games next weekend so going to get all my training done mon-wed, ice bath wednesday night and relax thursday/friday, maybe some hot tub action on thursday and friday with some active recovery as well. Looking forward to the games.


Training#2 @ 1130a

20# hammer x8, best 115, avg 113ish
16# hammer x6, best 137, avg 130ish
14# hammer x4, best 147, avg 140ish

Took a couple warmup sets of winds with the 16# hammer then jumped into the 20# hammer. Felt heavy. Took me at least 4 throws before I lost the stiffness from this morning and was able to get loose. Regardless, still felt slow and sluggish and wasn't feeling a big pop on the finish. Was hoping for 120+ here but oh well,  maybe next time. Had a pretty good sesh with the 16#er though. Took a couple starter reps out to 125-129 then started getting after it. Had a couple in the low 130s then a big one at 137 that felt awesome. 14# hammer went well too, though was having trouble catching it and wanted to go early every time. Getting really whippy on all of these. I feel like my finish could be tweaked, but still throwing good numbers so I'm undecided. Just trying to get a big scoop with my right arm on the finish. Really looking for 140 soon with the 16# as that's a huge milestone, but I fear it may still be some distance away.

No comments:

Post a Comment