Tuesday, April 2, 2013

4/2/13 - me ohp + de bench & stones

Training#1 @ 430a

Push press doubles up to 315x2, 325x1 (missed 2nd)
Strict ohp 225x5/5/4
Speed bench 135x3x2, 155x3x8
Flat bench 225x10x3
Ring dips bwx6/6/6/5/4

band pull aparts
band face pulls
band wide push-downs

Triceps are smoked. Good workout. Really thought I could've gotten the double with 325 but the first rep was tough. Triceps are getting stronger but still the weakest link. Smoked the 315 double though and happy with that. Ties a rep pr with 315 (not a great one, lol).

Training#2 @ 1230p

17# stone
*standing x8-10, best 41
*glide x15-20, best 44

Stands are getting better. Legs and low back are still pretty stiff from yesterday so I'm satisfied with the number. Really learning how to drive my right knee in and down and get a good push on my right hip before exploding off my left. Need to keep my torso back more though and work on getting in the reverse C position.

Glides are meh. Having issues with finishing early, same as with the spin. As soon as my left touches I want to go go go, vs pushing my hip through and loading my left. Also still somewhat hoppy. Spoke with Spencer and he gave me a few tips:

1) push off the right heel
2) think about mule kicking the bottom of a door with my left, don't let it come up or it ends up landing too late, need a longer double support to apply force
3) middle drill: stand in power position. Move right leg out as far as I can. Then push off witht he right, pull it under and finish the throw.

#1 and 2 seem simple enough. I'm really anxious to try #3 and see if it fixes my inability to wait. Once I get this down then I can work on keeping my torso a bit more closed during the gilde. Hopefully this all comes together rather quickly. Stones again tomorrow and friday. Thinking some weights on Thursday and everything early Saturday morning. We'll see how that pans out.

No comments:

Post a Comment