Thursday, April 4, 2013

4/4/13 - speed work + assistance & stones

Training#1 @ 515a

16" box squat w/power factor, heels raised 1.5" 225x2x10ish sitting 2.7-2.9f/s
Deadlift w/power factor 225x1x2, 275x1x8, sitting 2.7-2.9f/s
RDL 275x15/10/10
Bb rows 275x8x3
Pullups 3x10

Wide grip band pushdowns 3x20
Band curls 3x20

Squatting from the 16" box is a good height for me. Some would say it's too high, but I digress. My full squat would probably put me somewhere around a 10" box. I know that if I try to drop onto a 12" box I come to a very abrupt stop so even that would be too high for a full squat for me. To get 3f/s with the shorter rom makes me push harder and I like that. Going to keep this weight until I'm consistantly over 3f/s then I'll move up to 275 and go from there. Same thing with pulls. Rdls felt great, though my lower back is still crushed from monday. Finished it up with a bro-sesh to get all swole up before work. Don't hate.


Training#2 @ 1230p

15.5# stone
*standing x7, avg 42-43
*glide drills = extension, middle drills, unseating
*glide x8-10, avg 43-44
*full spin x6, avg 49

Standing throws are getting better. The distances aren't showing yet but I'm getting a really nice stretch on my right side from pushing the hip through first. Legs are pretty beat up from this week so I wasn't expecting big numbers at all. Did lots of drills for the transition portion of the glide. Still having issues with getting into the power position and not blowing over my left or rushing the finish. Decided to take a couple full spins to finish things off. Didn't really think about anything. Just trying to get linear and separate. Very easy and relaxed throws. Best was out at 51' with not much on it. Others were 48-49 and a couple at 46 that the stone came off wrong and bent my fingers way back. Might be sticking with the spin after all. When I just relaxed and didn't really focus on anything specifically, I felt very fluid. I think I just need to take a lot, and I mean a lot of reps with the stone so I can get comfortable with it and not psyche myself out. No video, phone died shortly after getting onto the field. Weights tomorrow and stone/hammer/wob Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment