Monday, April 22, 2013

4/22/13 - hammers

Training @ 1230p

 16# hammer x 20ish?, avg 125, best 128


Meh.. ok hammer session. Not really putting any juice on these, jsut trying to nail that finish. Didn't really accomplish much other than wash out my prior thoughts about how I needed to change the finish. Today I focused on changing the angle of my orbit so that my hips opened up better on the finish. All this did was make me late, every single time because changing the angle was pushing the low point way to the left. Watched vid of Betz (http://youtu.be/xLmltCsOODw?t=13s) especially and he sets his angle and doesn't change it one bit (just like I typically do) but he opens his left up and pushes his right into it as the ball is dropping on the finish. This is what I need to work on. This vid helped a lot. Going to throw hammer again tomorrow morning and work it as I usually would but try to open my left up better for a big pop on the finish. We'll see how it goes.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment