Monday, April 15, 2013

4/15/13 - me squat & stones

Training#1 @ 440a

Deadlift against efs short avg bands up to 545x1
Front/back squat (pause last back squat) 275x3, 335x3, 405x3
GMs 275x5x3
RDLs 315x5, 405x5x2

lol, looking back I guess I didn't do very much in terms of volume. Ended up skipping step ups, was pretty smoked. Got vid of the deadlift and front/back squat combo. Man, I love that combo. It's a killer and I can get through both squat exercises at the same time. RDLs felt pretty good and I can tell my hams have gotten weaker from not doing them as often. Last year when I was pulling 675 I could do 455x5 without much of a problem. 405 felt heavy today. At least I've finally nailed the problem and can work on it. Also, on my DL tech. I've gotten in the habit of slowly dropping my hips and firing up. Looking back, that's not what I did. I figured that out today when I doubled 455 + the bands. Noticed my second rep was much cleaner. I always do a full reset but the second one I shoot my ass up then drop it down real fast before pulling. Did this on my 495 and 545 and felt MUCH better off the floor and felt a better position at my knees. Things are starting to come around. PROGRESS!!!!



Training#2 @ 1130a

15.5# stone
*stand x6, best 45, avg 44
*180 drills with & without stone
*1/4 turn south africsn with & without stone
*full spin x10-12, best 50, avg 49-50

Good stone practice today. Standing throws really coming together. Working on pushing my right hip and holding my right shoulder back, squeezing my right obliques then firing hard off my left leg and left arm block. Haven't had distances like these standing in a while, despite being pretty fatigued from weights this am. Spins felt good. Lots of drills keeping an eye focal point on the horizon while snapping my left leg into place and pushing my right hip. Really exaggerates my inflexibility. Need to work on this. On the positive side, I can really feel the right leg push and obliques tighten up to hold my upper back. This is a great cue. It's not translating every time yet, but I had some solid throws today and it's def progress. Dislike stones a little less after today. Hopefully after a month or so I'll actually enjoy throwing them, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment