Wednesday, April 17, 2013

4/17/13 - hammer/wfd/ostone

Training#1 @ 6am

16# hammer x approx 30, avg 126, best 130

Really good hammer session. Figured out a couple things here. Thanks to Mike Dickens I pointed my left toe out to open my hips up better. Thanks to Jake Nicol I started putting more weight on my left leg throughout the throw. Started working the hammer more side to side, getting longer on my left side and less on my right. With more weight on my left I'm able to push my right against it harder for a stronger finish and a bigger scoop. Definitely made some progress here. Going to need more reps to solidify it at faster speeds but very happy with the progress.



Training#2 @ 1245p

56# wfd
*1 turns x6, avg 41, best 42
*full x7, avg 44, best 45'6

28# wfd x4, avg 85, best 89'1

15.5# ostone full spin x4, 49, 51, 51, 53

Great practice. Slowed down my sprint on the 1 turns and worked on nailing the finish, getting nice and long on the drive to zero and a big lift. Good numbers here, despite being pretty fatigued. Left spinal erector was pretty damn tight too, tough week. Anyways, relaxed the first couple fulls with the 56 and was dropping 42-43ish. Decided to pick it up some and was going 44s consistently. Now, here's the trick. I've got a terrible habit of diving into the sprint when I really get after it which kills my position on the finish. So I went out on a limb and decided to speed up my cast out of the back. This gave me fantastic speed through the sprint, while only sprinting at about 80% and I was still able to get into a great position for the finish. Dropped a couple 45s with the 56 and called it a day. Did the same with the 28. Took it nice and easy on the first couple and went 85 and 81. Then sped it up out of the back and went 87 and 89. Great day for weights..

Onto stone, running out of time so I just took a handful of throws. Hit a couple drills after the first two tosses to get my left around fast, push my right hip and hold my right shoulder back. Hit a big 53 for the last toss and more was in there. Finally, a light at the end of the tunnel. I might stop talking so much shit about stones now........... or not.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment